About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Seeking God for the City, Day 9


March 5, 2009

Ah Lord, the subject today is obedience, that thing that calls us to daily determinations to serve you in righteousness and truth. We will never really reach that place of full obedience here I don’t think, but every day I walk with you, I desire more to be obedient to your precepts and your standards for a daughter of God. I love today’s verses . . . from Ezekiel 36:26-27, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. I can’t do it without you, Lord. It is you who changes my corrupted heart and through Holy Spirit changes my desire so that I can walk just a little better in your statutes and your judgments. You see how I struggle. But like your servant David, you also see that my heart hungers for you, and that I truly long to be renewed in Your Spirit.

I also love the scripture today from Mark 12:30-31, and you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” I do love\you, Lord, with all of my heart. And I love your people. I long to be in your presence and I rejoice in the fellowship of the saints. But do I take enough time to reach out to my neighbors? I think not. Do I persevere enough to witness to those I love who do not know you? I keep thinking about Esther before Xerxes as she poured out to the king about how much Mordecai meant to her, what he meant to her life. She longed for Mordecai to enter into the presence of the king. Oh God, I long for those I love to enter into your presence. Help me love better.

I don’t always know the defining line between nagging those I yearn to see in your presence and just sharing my love for you with them. Help me with discernment, Lord. I hunger for those I know that love you to walk in the full measure of your blessing. I didn’t always do that, yet you were faithful to draw me to you. Help me discern between your nudging and my own desire. I know that if I am not operating in you, any thing I do is vain. With unfeigned humility, I do ask that you fulfill your ancient promise to change hearts of stone into hearts that burn with passion.

Father, let me reflect Jesus, I pray. There is no good thing in me without Jesus. I pray you pour out your blessing on your sons and daughters, Lord. May many be surprised by the love of their Christ following neighbors.

Lord, I lift women before you with delight. I pray in agreement with thousands that women would be honored for their unique glory as created by God. I pray that every injustice toward women would cease. I pray for sisters to be released today, Lord, in the freedom that comes from loving you. I pray for renewed hope for women. I pray for Godly companions for single women seeking a spouse. I pray that single women would know the hope of great joy and purpose you have for them in your glory! And I pray a special blessing today over each of my sisters in the Lord. You know who they are, Lord. Thank you for positioning them in my life.

And I pray today for Puerto Rico, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. More of those island countries, Lord. I love the music of the islands. I pray today for the songs of praise of your people to ascend to the throne from the islands.

No comments: