About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Seeking God for the City, Day 6


March 2, 2009

I love the encouragement in Day 6 of Seeking God for the City to stir us to persistent, united prayer. Ezekiel lived in a time not terribly different than our own. As the Lord spoke with Ezekiel, He gave a word that was instrumental in my own exhortation to become faithful in prayer. It is from the 22nd Chapter of Ezekiel and says, “Her prophets whitewash these deeds for them by false visions and lying divinations. They say, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says'-when the LORD has not spoken. The people of the land practice extortion and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the alien, denying them justice. "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD." O Lord, may it never be that your people abandon the walls, and may there always be those called to stand in the gap.

Today’s SGFC guide gives us this marvelous promise from Isaiah 62, I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the LORD, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth. I am convinced that we will never understand the mystery of prayer completely - nor will we grasp how important prayer is to the releasing of God’s purpose upon the earth - until we meet Him face to face. But how wonderful to know that God has, in fact, appointed watchmen on the walls! They are called intercessors, and my personal prayer today is that through Christ Jesus a strong army of them rise up in every church in Siouxland to watch over and guard the walls of our people . . .to especially watch over and guard the walls of our pastors and their families . . . to watch over the walls of the city . . . to be obedient to the Lord in prayer.

Lord, move in us to make a fresh commitment to time spent with you in prayer. Teach us, O Lord, to pray kingdom prayers. Help us to see your broader vision. As our guide says today, Infuse us with YOUR adamant, enduring zeal. Train us to pray in patient pursuit of Your promises. Lord, we pray, create new movements and opportunities for prayer in our city . . . with each other . . . with other believers and churches. Create in us a pure heart, a clean spirit that we may be used by You!!

And today, Lord . . .We do pray in alignment with Seeking God for the City and intercede for those who are sick in our community. Give them healing and comfort; Let them grow in Godly character as You walk with them in their ordeal. Provide for their financial needs. Strengthen and encourage and refresh the care givers and loved ones who stand with them. Renew for all their trust in Christ and encourage them to follow him boldly, even in affliction. Amen.

No comments: