About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Seeking God for the City, Day 5


March 1, 2009

Today’s scripture is mighty, and I receive it, I declare it, and I praise God for its promises, for they are most dear to my heart!!! Isaiah 44:3-4 {By the way, Isaiah is one of my favorite books to dwell in}. And God says, For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams.

At the end of my life, I have but one deep, deep desire of the heart . . . that all of my children and grandchildren will know Christ in His fullness and walk with Him in the valley of surrender and Lordship. My kids had a rough beginning. I am convinced to this day that their dad was saved, but addictions he could not gain victory over would steal his life. I remember in the early days of struggle, having a sister in Christ remind me that God’s promise to me was that He would be my husband and father to my children. Over the course of many years, that truth would become so real, such a central part of my love for him. I would (and still do) continue to lift them to God and bring to His remembrance that promise that He would be “Father” to them.

My kids have not escaped the natural consequences of the sins of the parents, and they have struggled. But they have also learned that the yokes are broken through the atonement of Jesus, and that He is their salvation, their healing, their hope. Today, all of my kids love God, though not all are walking in intimacy with Him. God’s favor over Shawna has been incredible to say the least. John has all of his natural father’s good character traits and gifts and a few that have created some problems for him, yet the Spirit of his Father God is strong in him too. I see that. Summer also loves God, and I am confident that He watches over Summer in a way that I cannot. I see God move in Tony, and I know that as much as I worry about him, God loves him and will care for him. God will complete His promise in my offspring. My descendents will be blessed! They WILL know God – not just know about him. That my friends, makes me dance in the Spirit. And God’s promises also pertain to my dad and to my brother. In due time and season, they will know God. It is my promise from my Father who has always been faithful to His word. And if God says it, it’s good enough for me!!

My granddaughter Kate has already shown a mantle for prayer. My grandmother was a woman of prayer. I didn’t know my mom’s mother. She died before I was born, but as I understand it, she was one of those baptized in Holy Spirit in the first great outpouring of His Spirit in the early 1900s. I wonder about those in my family who held a mantle of intercession before I was born, who paved the way in prayer for me to know God. Someday, I will know them. Some day I will thank them.

Today I pray, Lord, pour out on those I love. Deluge them in the flood of Holy Spirit. Let the waters of the river of life soak them in steady streams. Let your holy rain forever fill any dry or parched places. Make appointments for my kids while I am away from them with strong people of God. Make appointments for me with someone elses kids who need to be loved on a little. Make appointments for every abandoned and neglected child in this city. Draw the hearts of the parents, and bring hope to the broken child. Let your streams of living water flow through Sioux City and the Church of Sioux City. Awaken the intercessors. Let us boldly arise to declare Sioux City as Kingdom Territory!!

I pray for families today. Our families are broken. Our people confused and in bondage to the one who lies to their soul. Make them thirsty for you, Lord. Draw them. Heal families, Lord. Restore. I love you Yeshua. I love you, Father. I love you Holy Spirit. Thank you for changing my life and giving me a new foundation.

Father, today I pray for El Salvador, the Falkland Islands, French Guinea, and Greenland. Pour out on them, Lord. Pour out in their children. In Jesus name.

No comments: