About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

The State of the Fig Tree

"If anyone tells you then, 'Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘Over here!' do not believe it! False messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note: I have told you in advance. Matthew 24:23-25 HCSB

One thing I really struggle with as a believer is why so many others who I really believe love God appear to be so blind to some things in the scriptures. I know that those of us who love Christ and have accepted Him as Savior operate as different parts of the Body, gifted and called for unique and special purposes known only to God. Maybe that is why he gathers us together sometimes under little placards above our doors that identify those of us who are more inclined to certain understandings. At least that is true in America. In parts of the world where Christianity is exploding and people are willing to be martyred for their faith, most are simply called follower of Christ. Somehow the tags just aren’t as important in those circumstances. Tags fade away in the face of that kind of adversity.

For as long as I can remember (even before I ever got serious in my faith), I have loved the prophetic Word of God and longed to understand it. I have also loved Israel. It’s as if my love for both is deeply embedded in my DNA. To love them is as natural for me as breathing. I never cease to hunger to glean from the threshing floor of teachers (and many are arising today) who help me understand the vision of Ephesians 2:14-16 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. NKJV

I am one of those people who believe that our mandate as Christians is to keep on keeping on until the Day of the Lord. But Jesus also told the disciples in the parable of the fig tree: Learn this parable from the fig tree: As soon as its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see these things happening, know that He is near—at the door! I assure you: This generation will certainly not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. Mark 13:28-31 HCSB I want to be the like the Sons of Issachar who recognized the signs of the times and knew what to do in them. I think the fig tree is telling us something. And I don’t understand why so many in the Church seem to be asleep.

I’ll probably spend lots of time on this subject, but I want to tell you something. Today, I read the full text of Dr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran’s, speech before the United Nations General Assembly. Wow! It activated my arector pili (fifty cent words for goose bumps). My overwhelming thought was that the serpent is smooth . . . How easy it would be for someone who is not grounded in the Word of God to be deceived. I hope to share more on this next week. In the meantime, blessings and love!!

And by the way, I just love this blog stuff. It’s a great outlet for folks that love to dwell on the things of God. I’ve got lots to learn though. Pray for me and my blogging friends who love Jesus. Ask the Lord to protect us He guides and directs our steps!

No comments: