About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Returning

It's been a very long time since I've blogged. I've not been very faithful.  I'd start and get distracted with the busyness of work or life or even church ministry. I lost my closest friend and ministry partner.  In a sense, I think I closed my heart a little when Miki died. Regardless of the reason(s), I believe the Lord is calling me back to the venue of writing.

I am hungry for the Lord.  I am hungry to hear from Him. I am hungry to be emptied of self and filled with Him. I remember so well that unique intimacy I had with Him.  I want it back.  I want to be His friend. I want to talk with Him amidst the day with all its encounters and in the quiet places of the night.  I want to joyfully embrace the revelation He provided as I wrote.  Nothing can compare with those things.

That said, this is my very first day back.  I want to invite you to join me as the Lord takes it from here. In the days ahead, I want to do some writing about the Hebrew significance of Ayin Tet, the Hebrew Year 5779.  And I want to be open to any other direction Holy Spirit may take me.  I hope you'll share your thoughts and comments with me too.

Welcome to Grandma C's Closet.  It is a place where seeking my Savior, prayer, and obedience will help me to have a keener ear to hear with the Lord is saying in this incredible hour!

No comments: