About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Seeking God for the City, Day 4


February 28, 2009

Today’s scripture from Seeking God for the City. Psalm 51:10-12 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence and take not Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit. Brought to my remembrance, Isaiah 6:5-6. Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone and ruined, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts! Then flew one of the seraphim [heavenly beings] to me, having a live coal in his hand which he had taken with tongs from off the altar; And with it he touched my mouth and said, Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity and guilt are taken away, and your sin is completely atoned for and forgiven.
As an intercessor, I understand the importance of obedience to prayer. Praise, God, I also understand grace. Yet, as God has given me burden for my city, my family, and more . . . the enemy continues to lob those nasty but mostly misguided missiles into the territory of my mind and sometimes my lips. One of the dearest desires of my heart is to use my lips to encourage, exhort, and build up others. Yet those same lips that desire to bless can get ugly. Lord, forgive me. Create in me a clean heart. Renew your spirit in me day by day and keep me faithful. I love the joy of your salvation. If someone says something that my “hurt” my feeling, I don’t have to retort with a tongue lashing. How grateful I am that Holy Spirit fills my mouth with your message in my time of need. It’s not about me, Jesus, it’s all about you.

All week long the words of this song have been singing in my head. Purify my heart, cleanse me from within to be like Jesus. Purify my heart, Lord. Keep me tightly attached to you. I want to be holy, set apart for you, my master, ready to do your will. As I ask you to change my darkened city, I ask you to cleanse my mind, my life. Cleanse my lips. I want to serve you well and with integrity.

Today I pray: Lord, there are so many in Siouxland who are captive to sin, desperate to find something to satisfy the hole in the heart. Underneath most of the cynicism is brokenness and hopelessness. Lord, move, I pray. Position appointments with these to begin to hear and see light. Move hearts to be desperate to be free from sin. Move hearts to be hungry for the compassionate one, the approachable one . . . hungry for you, Lord.

Lord, I pray today for my pastors: for Gene and for Dan and for their families. I’ve looked so long for pastors, for a church like I have today. I absolutely do not take them for granted because I see your hand upon them, I recognize your anointing. Multiply that anointing day by day, Lord. Pour out your Spirit upon them. Call them to deeper places of intimacy with you. Let them know the deepest meaning of “friendship” with you, Lord. Protect them and protect their families and their land from any wiles of the evil one. Do awesome things on their behalf. Amaze them with your favor. Make them magnets for other pastors in our city. Draw our pastors together that we might seek you as one voice. Protect our pastors in our city. Shake them up, wake them up, bring fire!! Bring healing!! Bring intercessors to guard their gates and watch over them in prayer.

And today, Lord, we pray for the strongholds of Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, and Ecuador. Move, Lord, move. You are able!! Where there is oppression, be the light that shines brightly in the darkness. Where sin abounds, let grace be boldly evident!!


In Jesus name.

No comments: