About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Seeking God for the City, Day 3


February 27, 2009

Today’s scripture, Psalm 130:3-8. If You, Lord, should keep account of and treat [us according to our] sins, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You [just what man needs], that You may be reverently feared and worshiped. I wait for the Lord, I expectantly wait, and in His word do I hope. I am looking and waiting for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, I say, more than watchmen for the morning. O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is mercy and loving-kindness, and with Him is plenteous redemption. And He will redeem Israel from all their iniquities.


Lord, I am so grateful this morning that I have opportunity to come before you as I start my day. I am so grateful that you have rescued me from such a broken foundation, and consistently and steadfastly day by day over the years turned my hopelessness into such joy. I love you so much because you loved me so greatly. In my sin, you sent Yeshua, Jesus. You began a new work to change me from the inside out that continues to this very day and will no doubt continue until that time I stand before you face to face. You, O Lord, draw me unto you and change my heart. Even this day, I see you at work in my life changing flesh driven thoughts and remolding them into Christ driven direction. You waken me in the wee hours of the morning and my thoughts are of you. I love the way Holy Spirit ministers to me, even as I sleep. I just want to say thank you. I just want to tell you that I cannot imagine my life without you. I give you all of me to do with as you will, Lord.

Today I pray:

For all the Christians in my life, in my church, in my city, who have wandered from you because something has come into their lives and replaced the time they used to spend with you. Or maybe they have been broken or wounded within the Body of Christ. I ask that you draw them, Lord. That you breathe new passion, new hope, new fervor into them. I ask, my Lord, that you position each one of us with best friends in Yeshua . . . some one to help us be accountable, someone to give strength when the load is heavy, someone to encourage us in our excitement for you. Breathe fire in us, Lord.

I pray for those I love who don’t know you and who are held captive by invisible prisons of sin. I ask that you call them, Lord, that you lead them to new life. I pray in the name of Yeshua that the scales which keep them blind be removed. Bring revelation and transform them by His mercy.

I pray for those who have lost jobs and have not found employment. Father God, in that name above all names there are those I especially lift before you today and ask that you go before them and prepare the way. Lord, I ask your favor for my dear friends Rick Z in S CA, Donovan W, Tom V, Krista H, and Terri B in Houston. When the time of John’s service to his sister is over, I pray you arrange appointments for him and find him a good job. I ask you to guard over and watch Otis and Jim and Bob. I pray you walk before Rayne and all those at GTW who are waiting for termination dates. You are the God who is able!! Provide for these, Lord. Open new doors of opportunity I pray.

In a time of economic challenge, I praise you for provision over your people. Your word says I know that there is nothing better for them than to be glad and to get and do good as long as they live; And also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor--it is the gift of God. Ecc. 3:12-13 Your word also says in Philippians 4:18-20, But I have [your full payment] and more; I have everything I need and am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent me. [They are the] fragrant odor of an offering and sacrifice which God welcomes and in which He delights. And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever (through the endless eternities of the eternities).
Amen (so be it).


So be it, Lord. Have your way with us. Have mercy upon us in our sin. Bring revival to our land and our territory. You, O mighty Father, already desire that no man should perish, that all would know you. Let us release your will on earth through prayer and declaration in Jesus name.

Today we pray for Canada, Lord, and ask your spirit to fall on Canada our neighbor as it falls on the US. We pray for the British Virgin Islands, The Cayman Islands, and the countries of Chile and Columbia South America needs you, Lord. The island territories need you, Lord. Fall on them, we pray.

No comments: