About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Seeking God for the City, Day 2


Thursday, February 26, 2009

The message today encourages us to pray for break through in complacency and pride. The scripture: Isaiah 29:13-14 (Amplified Bible) And the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips but remove their hearts and minds far from Me, and their fear and reverence for Me are a commandment of men that is learned by repetition [without any thought as to the meaning], Therefore, behold! I will again do marvelous things with this people, marvelous and astonishing things; and the wisdom of their wise men will perish, and the understanding of their discerning men will vanish or be hidden.

Lord, I pray that I never become skilled in religious performance. I don’t mind being a fool for you, but I don’t ever want to be a phony. I sit in the front of the church so I am ready to receive all that you have for me. I lift my hands and stand to worship because you and you alone are worthy, but guard my heart so that my focus is always on you and that as I am called to worship, I am oblivious to my surroundings.

There is nothing more dear to my heart than those times you call me to meet with you or those times when I know you have given me the words to pray over a son or daughter you call your own. I don’t care that others may find me a bit “peculiar”, but I do care that the actions of my being are congruent with the content of my heart. What I want others to see in me is you. I want my attraction to be Jesus in me.

I confess, Lord, that I struggle with pride. But I know that you know the desire of my heart to be completely sold out to you. Wash me in Holy Spirit. Those times spent in communion with you are the life force of my existence. I love you so much. You, Lord, YOU are the delight of my heart!! Mold, make me, form me more to your likeness so that I can be a useable vessel. I am yours, Lord. Don’t let me grow lukewarm or complacent. Don’t ever let me lose my excitement in you, Lord. I ask that you always frame my vulnerability in your faithfulness over me. Without you, I am capable of no good thing.

Lord, today I pray that you would help me to be humble before you and others. Help me find that sweet line of demarcation between a spirit of humility and the spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. Cover me in your grace. I pray today, Lord, that you will call many in Siouxland to yourself. Among them my dad and my brother. I pray that you will indeed intercept our run away lives and draw us close to you.

I pray today for marriages. Everywhere I look, I see broken marriages. When the enemy destroys the family, he destroys the future. Lord, the walls and the foundations are so broken, but you are the master builder. Restore the foundations in you, Lord. Repair the walls in you, Lord. Lord, without you as the corner stone, one is unable to love in the way that others need to be loved. Heal broken hearts, restore intimacy. Be the center force of the home, Lord. Restore the hearts of the parents to the child and the child to the parents.

Today, Lord, I ask that Holy Spirit do a mighty work in Babados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolvia, and Brazil. Draw these unto yourself O Lord. In Jesus name.

No comments: