About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Seeking God for the City, Day 1


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

O Lord of Hosts, dear Father God . . .

I do sincerely pray that you will revive your people, the Church . . . especially the American Church. We have strayed so far from you. Our hearts have grown so cold and apathetic. Too many of our pastors have strayed from you and embrace a foreign doctrine. Too many of us have taken you for granted. As a result, our families, our cities, our nation is broken. Is it beyond repair? You, O God, are the God of ALL possibilities. Begin with me, my Father. Burn a passion in my heart to walk before you in obedience. Burn a passion in my heart for faithfulness in all your precepts. Burn a passion in me for daily time spent with you and you alone. Forgive me for not crying out more, for not praying more for those lost and in bondage. Burn in my heart an unquenchable passion for intercession. Perfect wisdom and discernment in me.

Surprise me and delight me with your confirmation of faithfulness. Mold me into the kind of Christ follower I desire to be. Anoint me so that I can be a usable vessel. I cry out before you in urgency this afternoon for my loved ones, my friends new and old, my neighbors, my co-workers, Lord.

I pray today for the young people, for Tony’s generation, for John’s generation. Move mightily in them that would be called the plantings of the Lord. I pray that all our young people would be Christ followers in the years ahead. Guard them, Lord.

I pray today for the Americas and the Caribbean. I pray for America. Wake her up, Lord, shake her up. Bring revival to our cities and our nation. You see her totter on the abyss Intervene for the sake of your people, Father . . . we need you, we cry out to you, because you are merciful, because you are faithful to our cry. I pray for South America and the Caribbean. Move, Lord, move! Such brokenness, such desecration, such sin. Bring redemption, bring salvation, bring healing, I pray.

No comments: