About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm back

Well, I started out with gusto, and then wham . . . all those things to do that just got in the way of my blogging. So why do I blog? To lighten the load on my hard drive? It would be a justifiable reason, but not true. The real truth is I love to write, mostly to and about my Lord. I haven’t been lacking in talks with my Father nor have I been far from the Lord. It’s been an amazingly sabbatical. I’ve walked in Galilee. I’ve stood on the temple mount and prayed at the Western Wall. I’ve said good bye to another child, now in California. I went through my first Christmas apart from my kids. I survived additional massive cuts at Gateway.

But now I want to start spending some intimate time with Jesus and with those who care to share my thoughts again. I love the times when the Lord calls me to come meet with him, generally during the hours of the 3rd watch, but also in various times throughout the day, I love the conversations that I have with Jesus in my head. I love the way he speaks truth to me through scripture, through the direction in the quiet place, through imagination and joy, through sweet conversation with other sisters and brothers in Christ.

When I stood on the top of Mt. Scopus overlooking Jerusalem, I cried. The Lord had revealed so much to me in Israel, and as I gazed upon the desecration and brokenness from the Mt. of Olives, I felt so connected with Jesus. Then Holy Spirit challenged me. He (not “the” nor “it”) and asked if I was weeping for Sioux City and the brokenness and desecration of my city. For its lost, its captives, its sick. Then God marvelously placed a booklet in the hands of my sister Miki and myself called Seeking God for the City.

Now it’s Lent. And through the incredible support of pastors that I love so much -- because I see what kind of heart they have for Jesus and others, and I know that I have a church home making a difference in my city – my whole church is engaged and Seeking God for the City during the 40 days before Easter. Sooooooooo . . .during the next 40 days, I am going to share my Lenten devotions and prayers in my blogs.

Please come and dine with me. Come and share with me. Come knowing that we serve a mighty king, and He is about to do great things in our midst.

Much, much love,
Kay

1 comment:

jdanbarnes said...

Missed you! Glad you are back.