About Me

My photo
Married to Don, a retired teacher and coach. We have 6 living kids and 6 beautiful grandkids who fill our lives with joy! A transplant from Sioux City Iowa to Southern California, my heart and my passion are centered on sharing the hope I have in Christ and intercessory prayer for families, for cities and for the nation. I believe that Jesus is about to return, and I want to share His desire that no man should perish. It is also my hope to be faithful to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:16-20. The legacy I pray for those I love is to love Christ and seek to serve Him.

Monday, September 29, 2008

A New Experience

This blog is created as a direct result of the encouragement of Heartland Community Baptist Church Associate Pastor Dan Barnes, who is not only in the process of becoming a mighty vessel to be used to bring a message of hope and healing in our Lord, but a young man who also takes the time to urge an old dog to learn a few new tricks!! Thanks, Dan, for sharing your love for God and His Word, wisdom, kindness and insight so freely. They are qualities of the heart that plow up the fallow ground in preparation for seeds of righteousness and understanding to take root and grow.

There is nothing that delights my heart more than sharing with old friends and making new ones in gleaning from the things that the Lord shows us as He delights us in new revelation of His Word and His love for us. I'm not sure how this blog will bloom and grow, but I pray the Lord's hand will guide heart and pen in the days ahead.

My intitial thoughts are that this blog will most likely develop in some way connected to prayer. I am an intercessor by calling and love to spend time talking with my Father, knowing that as we pray Jesus sits at our Father's right hand and intercedes for us!! For this reason, I chose to call my blog, Grandma C's Closet. It is my hope that in the days ahead, we can explore some treasures of the Lord together, share some tears, and encourage each other through the hope that is ours through the sacrifice of the cross and the covenant that is ours as King Jesus obtained for us the title of heirs according to promise!

Who will read it or why? How will the Lord direct this path? I have no clue. That too is known only by God, but I yearn to walk in obedience and delight in His surprises!

My love to you!

1 comment:

summertime1975 said...

i luv you mom i so agree with you and id like you to know how proud i am of you.you are reaching out to people who i know either dont know about jesus or need him to cum into there heart.its people like you mom that help get that word out.god bless you mom and keep up doing his work.your the best.